Welcome

This blog will include tips and tricks to solving common issues in your environment along with information on new products that you might not have heard of, but should know. As for the name of the newsletter, Loose Spindle, those of you who know me, know that I can go off on tangents, and seem to live outside the proverbial box. Also I have a background that includes being an engineer working with storage, thus the name. Please forward this to anyone you think would be interested by using the link below, and also please contact me Morgan.Hamilton@inxi.com, I want to be your "easy button" when you have questions..







Send to a Colleague
















Thursday, August 26, 2010

Office 2010 Outlook loading NLM's.....

This morning I walked into work and found that my Windows 7 machine had rebooted for security updates overnight. Not a big deal as it saves your place and documents. What did suprise me though, was watching Outlook slowly load while everything else was starting up. For some reason I had flashbacks to Novell Netware 4.x. It seems that in Office 2010 modules are loaded in after the initialization of the application. Maybe not the best analogy, but I can remember watching the different NLM's load and unload and thinking how it would be great if Windows 95 could do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment